Monday, November 14, 2005

We are not safe, Clarence, we are not safe

It is not that I am not fearful, I am. If I show it less, I probably feel it more than others. Because I am convinced that there is nothing we can do about it: it is our destiny to be destroyed. We are Africans and doomed. We have never been fate’s favourites.
Even our leaders, the men we suppose have the power to save or destroy us are themselves victims of greater forces, imponderable, unalterable, unchallengable forces that draw us downwards. We are all, from the president to the pretender to the peasant, just so much driftwood in a whirlpool.


3 comments:

Iwaya said...

charming. just charming. would u prefer the inaction of oblomov to futile resistance with a dim chance of success?

Iwaya said...

but why is this guy ashen faced?

Carlo said...

he always is, for fear of his own neck first of all and the bleach he tried to use gave him a permanent paleness that he can't get rid of!